To the supporters of my film, The Folks Behind the Funnies, I'd like to thank you for continuing to believe in the project and standing by me. Several of my biggest supporters are those artists who were actually in my film and who I had the great honor of interviewing.
Here's a bit of insight in to the filmmaker process and my bad excuse for not having this thing on Kickstarter sooner...as threatened. With anyone who is interested, we usually like to talk about our subject matter and perhaps the artistic process (I don't fall in the latter if I can help it). This is what keeps us motivated, believe it or not, because like a lot of artistic endeavors, film making can be a lonely process. If others are not jazzed (can I still use that word?) about our project, we lose interest too, especially if we have other projects in the works .We need fresh ideas and feedback, even if we think we have it all locked up.
Here's the truth. Most of film making is about planning and fundraising...not fun for most.
If you're an independent filmmaker, you generally don't have a marketing department, so while you long to get in to your creative process and not lose your groove, you have to find your patrons first and that takes time. That said, to my patrons, connectors or just anyone in to me and/or my film...please keep my fire burning. That's all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment